Lifecath Midline is a single or double lumen venous catheter made of biostable polyurethane inserted in a peripheral vein (basilic, cephalic, brachial…) with a Micro-Seldinger introducer. The distal end of the catheter will be located in the axillary, subclavian or innominate vein, but in any case, not in the vena cava superior.Lifecath Midline should be used to infuse solutions with an osmolarity ≤ 600 mOsm/l (not for hyperosmolar solutions) and drugs with a pH comprised between 5 and 9.
Core Product Features
For patients requiring mid-long term IV therapy
Depth marked catheter
Supplied with Bionector Needle Free Connector
Choice of introducer method: MST or Peelable cannula
Insertion packs available
Access to Vygon clinical support
Lifecath Midline is supplied in a rigid blister pack containing:
- 1 totally radiopaque catheter 25cm long, except codes 1296.433/442/443 (20cm long) in biostable polyurethane with graduations and numerical markings every cm: 0 at the wings level, 20 or 25 at the distal end except for the codes 1296.433 and 1296.443 which has a reverse graduation 0 at distal end and 20 at the wings level. The extension tube (length 9cm) is an integral part of the catheter. A Robert clamps is mounted on the extension tube of the catheter.
- 1 stylet to make the catheter more rigid and thus facilitate its insertion
- 1 “T” proximal connector. The lateral port of the T connector allows the injection of saline solution (with a syringe) to lubricate the stylet and facilitate its sliding on removal or to inject saline solution in case of venous spasm, to open the path
- 1 Bionector code 896 (for codes 1296.113/114/433/442/443)
- 2 Bionector code 896 (for code 1296.345)
- 1 measuring tape
- 1 Griplok, device for catheter fixation
- 1 label marked “Midline”
- 2 traceability labels,
- 1 Micro-Seldinger introducer which allows to puncture the vein with a very thin and echogenic needle size 21G.
The Micro-Seldinger introducer includes:
- 1 echogenic safety puncture needle 21G
- 1 10ml syringe
- 1 straight Nitinol guidewire
- 1 guide advancer
- 1 7cm peelaway Desilet
- 1 scalpel.
UOI Units: Box
Contains Latex: No
Contains DEHP: No
Pyrogen Free: Yes
Sterile Medical Device: Yes
Vygon is committed to education and support for our customers. We provide in-service training sessions for all staff and all shift patterns, to help ensure your clinicians achieve best practice when delivering care to patients. In addition, patient advice leaflets and children’s bravery certicates are available on request, to help assist the clinicians in supporting and informing their patients.
Supporting Documents Download: