Microsite® is a dedicated introducer kit for the placement of neonatal longlines in the smallest of veins. Helping avoid patient distress by enabling more accurate, first time venous access, microsite helps reduce unnecessary repeat access attempts and preserves delicate veins.
The various features of microsite include:
- 24G needle is ideal for small veins and minimising trauma.
- Funnel entry allows easy insertion of the guidewire
- Transparent hub gives a clear immediate view of blood flashback
GUIDEWIRE AND INSERTION AID
- Symmetrical tips mean the guidewire can be used either side
- Black markings correspond to the length of the 24G puncture needle
- Nitinol guidewire minimises the risk of kinking
- Flexible tip with 0.3mm ball head is atraumatic to vein endothelium
- Guidewire insertion aid features a funnel entry to ease the insertion of the dilator sheath over the guidewire
DILATOR AND CANNULA
- Tapered tip provides good skin penetration and smooth dilation
- Funnel entry allows easy insertion of a catheter up to 2Fr
- Peelable sheath allows easy post insertion removal.